Sunday, June 29, 2014

nature references sold here

I'm inclined to long explainations. When I told my parents I was moving from the grace and loveliness of their rental home they've let me live in for the past year...I had a speech..the speech started to sound like a bunch of excuses tied together with a thread of guilt. But that isn't how I felt when I made my decision! Why was I letting it eap out this way? I had been an inactive mother too long, wanted to complete motherhood with as much awesomeness as I felt about the work/play itself. To let go of it by default was not going to be my mom legacy. That and because it is usually about me and the people around me get to reap benefits or suffer right along...I is about claiming space for dreams. My kid has his dreams to complete things in his goal list and I have my own list and need a space for it. A space that I can be myself..be messy..be down and dirty even. No..not running a whore house (although back in the day..I could have made a pretty penny) I had just been making myself small for a long while..don't notice me and what I'm doing..don't let me impose on you..ya, I know I have a lot of stuff..(why am I apologizing for my art supplies again? why is it ok to self depricate something I love and am proud of?) So, folks..I had an opportunity to claim the space I had ended my marriage in. That husband passed away but before he did..he left a legacy of inovation that I get to take advantage of. I am not without gratitude and reverence for the wall between living room and kitchen being replaced with a bar and grill (hey...ya..it's a bar and grill! still trying to think of a name..that will come in handy)I adore that type of living where you can encompass all of your entertaining in one room. The accoustics reaped from hardwoord floors and ceramic tile throughout the top level are not for everyeone..small children, noisy animals etc...but for musicians in my family? We should be so lucky. The first time I sang with my guitar in the living room was a joy. It might have been the wine..but pretty sure it was that I didn't feel I needed the microphone I had invested in at all. Having a bedroom already wildly painted and an art room next to it painted in specifics (think under the sea without the detail) might have been unapealing to some but by golly...if I'm not anything, I am adaptive...and I spent an entire sunday adapting and making my room my own with obnoxious flowers and words and color and swoops of joy. Ya..swoops!! As I left my former house with the last load to my new house, there was a butterfly on the driveway. It wouldn't move as I took pictures and pondered the significance. Even when I returned for what was really the last load..there it was. It was gone by the time I got in my car for the trip. So beautiful and kind of telling of what I wanted to do. The second nature reference was one of my favorite sayings....this going down the hallway to my bedroom and studio.. Here's some more of the nesting I'm doing

No comments:

Post a Comment